Monday, March 18, 2013

Firefly Island


By: Lisa Wingate




Mallory Hale, a thirty-four year old congressional staffer, is carrying marked-up papers from the Clean Energy Bill when all of a sudden a gust of air causes them to fall from her grasp.  Mallory panics as it is her job to make sure that no one sees this bill during the edit stage.  As she is sprawled out on the floor trying to protect the papers she is approached by a striking man named Daniel.  Daniel helps Mallory pick up the papers and she is quickly lost in his eyes. 

Daniel also feels a connection with Mallory and does not hesitate to ask her out when the two run into each other a second time.  They quickly fall in love and Mallory finds herself in an interesting position.  Daniel is offered a job in the small town of Moses Lake, Texas.  He wants Mallory to join him and his young son Nick in this new adventure.  Is she ready to leave everything that is familiar behind for the sake of love?  Mallory says “yes” to Daniel’s marriage proposal and suddenly finds herself in a vehicle traveling across the country with her new husband and son.  When they arrive Mallory quickly learns that this new life is not exactly what she dreamed it would be.  Join Mallory on her journey in this new town and be there as she experiences the unraveling of God’s plan for her life.

I enjoyed this book and was captivated from the beginning.  My only disappointment was the ending of the book. Throughout the book there was a lot of suspense surrounding Daniel’s new boss.  I found myself disappointed with parts of his story as I did not feel that the suspense that was built was in line with what ended up happening.  I guess I was expecting something a little more dramatic.  Overall, I still thought the book was well written and I would definitely recommend this book.  I also look forward to reading more from this author.   

*This book was provided by Bethany House for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment