Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Made to Last


By: Melissa Tagg


Miranda Woodruff appears to lead the perfect life.  She is the star of a home improvement television show and she is “married” to a perfect man named Robbie.  The only problem is when she goes home there is no husband waiting there for her.  Robbie is Miranda’s ex-fiancé.  When she was trying out for the show she thought she would be married by the time it aired.  Unfortunately, Robbie had left and she could not bring herself to tell her real story.  With her television show on the line she needed some publicity.  Miranda had been able to keep her husband hidden from the public for years.  Introducing him to the public is just what she needed to get her ratings up.  While filming one day Miranda was taken back as she thought she saw Robbie.  As it turns out Miranda had mistaken Blaze, an employee of the caterer, as Robbie.  Miranda and her managers decided Blaze would be just the right person to hire to be her “husband”.  As if things were not complicated enough a reported named Matthew would be following her around and doing a blog about her.  I invite you to journey along with this lively group to learn about their laughs, their troubles and their road to healing.

I really enjoyed reading this book as it included many elements.  I found myself laughing as many times as I found myself sympathizing with these characters.  I thought the author did an excellent job of making the characters personalities shine through.  This book has a unique plot and I enjoyed all of the twists and turns.  I am hoping the author surprises us with a second book as Blaze has a story that has yet to be told.


 *This book was provided by Bethany House for my honest review.












 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment