Friday, June 24, 2011

The Walk By Richard Paul Evans

The Walk is an inspiring fictional story of a man named Alan who had everything and then lost everything.  He lost the love of his life, McKale, his business, and his home.  To run away (or heal - whichever way you choose to look at it) from the brokenness of his life, Alan decided to embark upon a journey in which he would walk from Washington to Florida.  Upon this journey Alan encounters several individuals who end up impacting his life in one way or another.   

I thoroughly enjoyed this book as it beautifully illustrated how we are on this earth for a purpose.  Our presence, if we allow it, can impact or change someone else's life.  The book also showed how something beautiful can be born out of brokenness.  The ending of this book left me wanting more chapters so I could continue on Alan's journey.  Thankfully this book is part of a trilogy series.  The second book "Miles to Go" was released this year and the third book will be released in April 2012.  I did read Miles to Go and can tell you it was even better then "The Walk".  This was the first book that I have read by Richard Paul Evans.  I found both books to be quick reads and I found myself not wanting to put them down.  Richard Paul Evans style of writing made me feel like I was right there with Alan on his journey.

If you decide to read these books I hope you will be encouraged as I was and look for ways that you can positively impact the lives of others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment